We are looking for someone with a broad range of IT skills to provide technical support to our clients and to assist with project work and onsite visits where required. The role is varied and will involve some international travel to attend merchant vessels and perform IT hardware/software upgrade work by following detailed procedures.
Salary: £17000 – £21000 per annum, 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Location: Altrincham, South Manchester
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in all aspects of IT, be self-motivated and will be expected to work unsupervised. A professional manner and excellent interpersonal skills are a must. ITatSea operate internationally and as such the successful applicant should be willing to work flexible hours and at weekends where required.
Although training will be given, candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 / 2012.
- Have some experience in working in a customer facing IT role.
- A good understanding of server based software such as Exchange, SQL server etc.
- An understanding of computer networking including TCP/IP, routers, modems and switches.
- Be a lateral thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Candidates must hold a valid UK passport and a full driving license.
- Programming skills in a major language such as Java, dot NET, ASP.
- Experience with Cisco devices.
- Knowledge of VMware and virtualisation technologies.
- Be educated to degree level or hold a recognised IT industry qualification.
In return ITatSea UK offers the following benefits:
- Living away allowance
- International travel
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to work in a unique environment within a small team and develop new skills.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com