IT@Sea a growing South Manchester based ICT Consultancy Company specialising in the shipping, maritime and offshore business sectors are seeking motivated individuals to work on a unique IT project.
Your primary role will be to attend merchant vessels to perform IT hardware and software upgrade work by following detailed procedures.
Initially working on a contract basis, successful candidates will have a keen interest in all aspects of IT, be self-motivated, they will be expected to work unsupervised in a professional manner and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Although training will be given, candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Server 2008 ideally to an MCP or equivalent level.
- A good understanding of server based software such as Exchange, SQL server etc
- An understanding of computer networking inc TCP/IP, routers, modems and switches
- Be a lateral thinker with good problem solving skills
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- As international travel will be required, candidates must hold a valid UK passport.
- Programming and/or scripting skills such as Java, dot NET, ASP, power shell
- Experience with Cisco devices
- Knowledge of VMware and/or other virtualisation technologies
- Experience with satellite communications such as VSAT and Inmarsat
- Be educated to degree level or hold a recognised IT industry qualification
In return IT@Sea UK offers the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Living away allowance
- International travel
- Opportunity to work in a unique environment and develop new skills
- Future full-time employment following successful completion of contract.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
for an informal discussion please call Gary McDonald on 0161 660 5445.